Article metrics for:
Last updated: Sun, 26 May 2019 00:36:28 GMT
Altmetric score (what's this?)
- Tweeted by 158
- Blogged by 24
- On 7 Facebook pages
- Mentioned in 1 Google+ posts
- Picked up by 89 news outlets
- 3 Video
- 60 readers on Mendeley
This Altmetric score means that the article is:
- in the 99th percentile (ranked 355th) of the 270,129 tracked articles of a similar age in all journals
- in the 93rd percentile (ranked 56th) of the 920 tracked articles of a similar age in Nature
Mentions in news, blogs & Google+
News articles (89)
- News story from Le Monde on Saturday 10 March 2018 Le Monde
- What's with the weird geometric storms at Jupiter's poles? - Futurity Futurity
- Planeten: Stürmischer Jupiter Spektrum
- News story from Sciences et Avenir on Tuesday 13 March 2018 Sciences et Avenir
- NASA Releases New Images Of Gas Giant Jupiter Tech Times
- NASA’s Juno reveal secrets of Jupiter Value Walk
- Jupiter's Polar Cyclones Look Absolutely Hypnotizing in New NASA Video Inverse
Scientific blogs (24)
- The latest from Juno as Jupiter appears bright in the night sky SciBlogs
- NASA Juno Findings - Jupiter's Jet-Streams Are Unearthly News and Features - NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory
- NASA spies fierce cyclone dance on Jupiter - CNET CNET News
- Nasa spacecraft reveals Jupiter's interior in unprecedented detail Science news, comment and analysis | theguardian.com
- Juno gives us a look at what’s happening beneath Jupiter’s surface Engadget RSS Feed
- Scientists find odd and amazing cyclones at Jupiter’s poles Nobel Intent
- Les résultats scientifique de la sonde JUNO étonnent les spécialistes de Jupiter Ca se passe là haut...
Google+ posts (1)
|Country||Tweets||% of Tweets|
|No location data||64||40.51%|
Explanation of terms and methodology
Web of Science, CrossRef and Altmetric
Single number count for article citations from each service's database may vary by service. The citations counts are reliant on the availability of the individual APIs from Web of Science and CrossRef. These counts are updated daily once they become available. Once a citation count is available, the list of articles citing this one is accessible by clicking on the circle for that citation source.
News, blogs and Google+ posts
The number of times an article has been cited by individual mainstream news sources, blog post, or member of Google+ along with a link to the original article or post. News articles, blog posts and Google+ posts do not always link to articles in a way that can be picked up by aggregators used by Altmetric, so the listed links are not necessarily a reflection of the entire scope of media, blog or Google+ interest. Further, the list of blogs and news sources covered is manually curated by Altmetric and thus is subject to their discretion for inclusion as a scientific blog or media source. The news, blog, and Google+ posts are provided by Altmetric and are updated hourly.
Altmetric calculates a score based on the online attention an article receives. Each coloured thread in the circle represents a different type of online attention and the number in the centre is the Altmetric score. The score is calculated based on two main sources of online attention: social media and mainstream news media. Altmetric also tracks usage in online reference managers such as Mendeley and CiteULike, but these do not contribute to the score. Older articles will typically score higher because they have had more time to get noticed. To account for this, Altmetric has included the context data for articles of a "similar age" (published within 6 weeks of either side of the publication date of this article).
For a more detailed description of Altmetric, the Altmetric score, and sources used, please see Altmetric's information page.
Provides the number of tweets broken down by country of origin for the Twitter account. The geographic breakdown for the twitter sources is provided by Altmetric and is updated hourly.