Figure 1

From: Assigning clinical meaning to somatic and germ-line whole-exome sequencing data in a prospective cancer precision medicine study

Figure 1

Reported CanSeq somatic alterations. A total of 768 somatic variants were deemed candidates for curation; 67% of somatic variants were reported, 27% were not reported because there was no evidence for clinical relevance, 2% were not reported based on patient preference, and the remaining 4% were not confirmed in a Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments laboratory (a). Reported somatic variants were rank-ordered according to the highest predictive therapeutic level; 31% were classified as having “clinical evidence” (Food and Drug Administration-approved, levels A, B, and C) and the remaining 69% were classified as having “preclinical or theoretical evidence” (levels D and E) (b). Reported genes that harbored somatic variants are shown (c).