Tsinghua Shenzhen International Graduate School (Tsinghua SIGS) was launched in March 2019. As Tsinghua University’s only branch campus, Tsinghua SIGS is a strategic integration of the former Tsinghua Graduate School at Shenzhen (GSST) and the Tsinghua-Berkeley Shenzhen Institute (TBSI).
Tsinghua SIGS aims to solve the major regional and global problems in science and technology and social development through international collaborations, and to nurture the next generation of leaders.
Tsinghua SIGS is committed to promoting economic and social development in Shenzhen, the Guangdong-Hong Kong-Macau Greater Bay Area, and beyond.
By 2025, Tsinghua SIGS will increase full-time graduate student enrolment to 5,000, develop a diverse student body with at least 30% of students coming from outside China, recruit 250 tenure-track assistant/associate professors or tenured associate/full professors to work on a full-time basis in Shenzhen, and create a globalized learning environment by creating an international faculty team.
1. Energy and materials
2. Information science and technology
3. Biopharmaceutical and health engineering
4. Marine science and technology
5. Future human habitats
6. Environment and ecologyInnovation management
Professor/Associate Professor/Assistant Professor
SALARY AND FRINGE BENEFITS
The salary package will be globally competitive, commensurate with qualifications and accomplishments. Tsinghua SIGS will provide a highly supportive research and teaching environment, ample research funding, strong teaching support staff and state-of-the-art facilities.
- Competitive Packages -
Annual salary: RMB 450,000 - 1,200,000 or above (pre-tax, depending on entry level and research areas). Faculty will be allowed to earn additional income in vacation periods up to 1/3 of their salary.
- Research Start-Up Package -
RMB 1,000,000 - 5,000,000 (depending on entry level and research areas). Extraordinary talents may apply for higher amounts based on requirements.
- Government Talents’ Plan Allowance -
Tsinghua SIGS will offer assistance to faculties applying for national and Shenzhen Government-sponsored talents plan. For successful applicants, High Level Overseas Talents Plan of Shenzhen may provide personal living allowances ranging from RMB 1,600,000 - 6,000,000, in addition to research start-up packages.
- Relocation Reimbursement -
Tsinghua SIGS will provide relocation reimbursement for qualified faculty ranging from RMB 300,000 - 400,000.
- Housing Policy -
Access to public rental housing, or a housing subsidy for faculty, will be provided.
- Student and Postdoctoral Recruitment -
Tsinghua SIGS will finance at least 1 Ph.D. student and provide competitive salary package for post-doctoral researchers for each faculty member every year.
Promising young talents or well-established senior researchers are all welcome to apply. The following qualifications and credentials will be considered:
1. A doctoral or equivalent degree in relevant academic area is required.
2. Overseas study and work experience are required.
3. Research experience across various fields and institutions and strong teaching performance are preferred.
4. Candidates should be able to demonstrate strong communication, teaching and leadership skills in English, as well as the ability to actively contribute to the rapidly growing research efforts at Tsinghua SIGS.
5. A strong commitment to teaching and supervising postgraduate students is essential. Teaching responsibilities will include participation in and development of graduate courses and strong engagement with Tsinghua SIGS’s core curriculum. Supervision of PhD and MSc students and academic mentoring of trainees at all levels is also expected.
Please send the required documents in English to email@example.com, specifying Application for Faculty Position at Tsinghua SIGS in the subject line. Screening of candidates will start immediately and will continue until the positions are filled. All documents will be treated confidentially.
1. Curriculum Vitae (no more than 3 pages), including a photo, contact, education, work experience, honours and awards, academic employment and a list of representative publications.
2. Application Form (Download the template via this link: http://www.sigs.tsinghua.edu.cn/zzjsyj/111781.jhtml. Statement of Research: no more than 2 pages; Statement of Teaching: no more than 2 pages.)
3. PDF copies of 3 to 5 representative publications.
4. Arrange 3 to 5 reference letters sent from renowned experts in related fields (the letters must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org directly from the recommenders, and not forwarded by the applicant.)