After over 120 years’ development, Zhejiang University has become a comprehensive research university with distinctive features and great impacts at home and abroad. Research at Zhejiang University spans 12 academic disciplines, covering philosophy, economics, law, education, literature, history, art, science, engineering, agriculture, medicine and management. Of all the 22 research fields covered by the Essential Science Indicators (ESI), Zhejiang University has 18 disciplines listed among global top 1%, of which 8 fields are ranked among top 1‰ in the world (ESI data, March 2018).
Zhejiang University has always been committed to cultivating talents with excellence, advancing science and technology development, serving social well-being and promoting advanced culture, with the spirit best manifested by the university motto “Seeking the Truth and Pioneering New Trails”. Zhejiang University is dedicated to cultivating future leaders with an international perspective.
Zhejiang University sincerely invites talented scholars to join and together to create a glorious future for the university and its people.
Hundred Talents Program
· Demonstrated commitment to excellence in teaching and research;
· A proven track record of academic achievements, which are comparable to those of assistant professors or associate professors in world-renowned universities;
· A doctoral degree from a world-renowned university, preferably with postdoctoral experiences.
· Young and mid-career researchers are particularly encouraged to apply.
· He/she who holds this position should undertake the task of high-quality teaching. There can be a reduction of teaching workload in the first 3 years.
· He/she who holds this position should be engaged in high-level research, try to initiate a new orientation of discipline development, set up original theoretical and practical researches or key technologies, enhance his/her own international academic influence and become an internationally active academic member.
What we offer:
The successful candidate will be employed as a “ZJU100 Young Professor”, who is qualified to supervise doctoral students. The university will offer:
· A decent compensation package;
· Subsidized housing available for high quality researchers to purchase;
· Internationally competitive startup packages for research;
· Large office and laboratory space with well-equipped facilities.
How to apply:
Qualified applicants are strongly encouraged to submit their applications electronically to email@example.com with the following materials in PDF format:
· A comprehensive CV;
· A statement of research and teaching plans;
· Certificates of academic degrees;
· Three writing samples of major publications;
· A list of 3 to 5 references with detailed contact information.
· For other detailed recruitment information, please visit our website