AT the annual general meeting of the Royal Institute of Chemistry held on April 28, it was announced that H.M. the King had been graciously pleased to grant to the Institute on April 14 a new royal chapter in substitution for the original charter of 1885 and the supplemental charter of 1944. In the new charter it is made clear that the Institute is concerned with the whole profession of chemistry and not merely with that of "analytical and consulting chemistry", as stated in the original charter. The powers of the Institute have been modified in certain respects so as to facilitate the progressive development of its activities and services in the interests of the profession and of the public. The title of the Institute has been changed from "The Royal Institute of Chemistry of Great Britain and Ireland" to "The Royal Institute of Chemistry". It has been resolved to amend the by-laws so as to provide that citizens of Eire, as well as British subjects, shall be eligible for admission as members or for registration as students of the Institute. Resolutions were passed at the meeting authorizing the Council to establish, as a benevolent fund, a Residential Clubs Fund.