IN 1946 gifts from the Louis D. Beaumont Trust and the Cleveland Foundation financed the purchase of three electromagnetic seismographs of the Spreng-nether type for the Cleveland Seismological Observatory, which is situated at lat. 41° 29' 27.90" N., long. 81° 31' 52-22" W. (geographic co-ordinates) at an altitude of 1,070 ft. on University Heights, Cleveland, Ohio. The geocentric latitude is 41° 18' N. The staff at present consists of the Rev. Henry F. Birkenhauer, S.J. (director), Rev. Joseph S. Joliat, S. J. (associate director), Dr. Edward J. Walter (assistant director), Mr. Richard Becka and Miss Jeanne Carrabine. The publication of monthly teleseismic bulletins and monthly microseismic reports has already begun.