At a short ceremony held in the Chemistry Department of the University of Glasgow on the afternoon of June 25, Sir Robert Robinson named the new Henderson Laboratory. This Laboratory had been occupied by the Admiralty during the War; and the University's share in the cost of its re-equipment to provide up-to-date accommodation for sixteen graduate research workers in organic chemistry has been partly met from a fund raised in memory of Henderson's work both at the Royal Technical College (1892–1919) and at the University (1919–37). Prof. J. W. Cook paid tribute to Henderson on behalf of the University and Prof. W. M. Cumming on behalf of the Royal Technical College. Dr. J. W. McDavid (chairman of the Explosives Division of Imperial Chemical Industries) moved a vote of thanks to Sir Robert Robinson. Sir John Boyd Orr, the newly installed chancellor of the University, was present, as was also the principal, Sir Hector Hetherington. Earlier in the day the University had conferred upon Sir Robert Robinson the honorary degree of LL.D.