A FULL description of the Earl of Plymouth's magnificent gift of St. Fagans Castle, together with 18 acres of land, to the National Museum of Wales appears in the Museums Journal of September. Following this gift (which was made this year) Lord plymouth has arranged, “on very acceptable terms”, the transfer to the Museum of an extra 80 acres of the park-land adjoining the gardens. This additional acquisition was essential in view of the development of St. Fagans as a folk museum. The establishment' of a Welsh Folk Museum as an extension of the National Museum's services has been a long-felt need. In 1943 the Welsh Reconstruction Advisory Council provided an opportunity for publicly pressing the adoption of the proposal, and upon this the Museum Council submitted a recommendation that an open-air museum was an essential auxiliary to the National Museum of Wales. This recommendation was adopted by the Advisory Council, and now, in 1946, the scheme proposed materializes through the generosity of Lord Plymouth.