ON Octobeer 4: the King, in presence of the Queemuicird, Chancellor of the University of Giles Gilbert Scott, architect of the buils rala distinguished Oxford gathering, open the new Library which has been erected at the corner of Broad Street and the Parks Road. The cost has been about £660,000, much of which was generously given to the University by the Rockefeller Trustees. Work on the building started in December 1936, and in the summer of 1937 the foundation-stone was laid by Queen Mary. The building was finished in 1940? and, but for the War, would have been formally opened in June of that year.