THE Clough Memorial Research Fund of the Edinburgh Geological Society was instituted in 1935 for the purpose of encouraging geological research in Scotland and the north of England; the north of England is defined as comprising the counties of Northumberland, Cumberland, Durham, Westmorland and Yorkshire. Under the terms of administration of the Fund, a sum of approximately £30 is available annually. Applications for grants are invited for the period April 1, 1939, to March 31, 1940. These applications should state the nature of the research to be undertaken and the amount of grant desired. Applications must be in the hands of the Secretary, Clough Research Fund Committee, Edinburgh Geological Society, Synod Hall, Castle Terrace, Edinburgh, not later than March 1.