THE triennial public exhibition and soirée organized by the Associated Learned Societies of Liverpool and District to illustrate the progress in science and education since their last exhibition in 1935 was held in the City Technical College on October 22. During the course of the exhibition, Prof. E. W. Marchant gave a lecture on “Television”, H. Ken-drick on “Changing India”, W. H. Watts on “The Moon”, D. Caradog Jones on “The Changing Population of Merseyside”, Prof. J. T. Craig on “Veterinary Pathology”, and a number of shorter talks were given in the individual rooms. The Institute of Chemistry and the Society of Chemical Industry exhibited process demonstrations of artificial silk spinning, products obtainable from cotton seed, demonstrations of the action of dirt particles under the influence of electrical forces, dyeing and armour-plate glass ; the British Association of Chemists exhibited a combined temperature and humidity recorder, smoke density determination apparatus and samples from the plastics industry. The Liverpool Biological Society's room included a demonstration exhibit by Prof. J. H. Orton on his Dee fisheries work, Dr. R. J. Daniel on pearl-formation, and Mrs. Bisbee on the ductless glands. Mr. Eric Hardy had arranged a special “Country-Side” Room with Nature films, photographs, habitat groups of British birds and mammals, bird migration ('ringing') and flight (bird-wing) displays, illuminated natural colour lantern slides, bird sanctuary devices and maps of local bird distribution. The exhibition also included natural colour films, an ingenious micro -projector by Mr. A. V. Wilkinson, Dr. Glynn Morris's geological collection, and in the Engineering Society's room, a trafficator for cyclists invented by Mr. A. Robins.