DR. D. H. ROBERTSON has been appointed to the Sir Ernest Cassel chair of economics, with special reference to banking and currency, tenable at the London School of Economics. He will take up his duties on January 1, 1939. The Sir Ernest Cassel chair of economics, instituted in 1920, was previously occupied by Prof. T. E. Gregory, who resigned in December 1937 to take up the office of economic adviser to the Government of India. Dr. D. H. Robertson is at present reader in economics in the University of Cambridge, and has been a fellow of Trinity College since 1914. His work on industrial fluctuation and on the theory of money has given him an international reputation, recognized by the conferment on him of honorary degrees by the Universities of Amsterdam and Harvard. He has been a member of the Economic Advisory Council since 1936. He co-operated with Prof. A. L. Bowley in the Economic Survey of India, 1934. Among his published works are “A Study of Industrial Fluctuations” (1915), “Money” (1922), and “Banking Policy and the Price Level” (1926).