THE Nitrate Corporation of Chile Ltd. is organizing an Iodine Educational Bureau to promote the knowledge and use of iodine in the agricultural, medical and industrial fields. It collects all available scientific information in respect of iodine, and the information will be placed at the disposal of the medical profession and scientific agricultural circles, as well as commercial interests, including feeding stuffs manufacturers and livestock breeders. In addition, the Bureau will collaborate with scientific institutions in experimental research to extend the knowledge of iodine, with special reference to its use in human and animal nutrition. It will not engage in any selling activities. The Bureau will be under the direction of Dr. Francis C. Kelly, who has been associated with Sir John Orr for the past six years as deputy director of the Imperial Bureau of Animal Nutrition at the Rowett Research Institute in Aberdeen. Dr. Kelly is a graduate of the University of Aberdeen. Following two years in the Colonial Service as biochemist to the Medical Department of Kenya Colony, he became technical adviser to the Chilean Iodine Producers' Association in 1928. In 1930 he was appointed a member of the Iodine Estimation Subcommittee of the Medical Research Council of Great Britain. When the Imperial Bureau of Animal Nutrition was established in 1932, Dr. Kelly was appointed deputy director. He is also secretary of the international abstracting journal, Nutrition Abstracts and Reviews. Dr. Kelly will become director of the Iodine Educational Bureau in September. His technical assistant will be Miss Ethelwyn M. Mason, of the New Zealand Department of Agriculture, who has been carrying out iodine research work at the Rowett Institute since 1934. The offices of the Iodine Educational Bureau will be at Stone House, Bishops -gate, E.C.2.