DR. ERNEST GOULDING, who retired from the service of the Imperial Institute in 1935 when holding the post of vice-principal in the Plant and Animal Products Department of the Institute, died in London on February 15 in his sixty-eighth year. Born in 1870, the fourth son of the late William Purdham Goulding, of Finsbury Park, he was educated at Tollington Park College and at the School of the Pharmaceutical Society, Bloomsbury, which he entered as a Bell scholar. He graduated B.Sc. in the University of London in 1898, he took his D.Sc. (Lond.) degree in 1903, and was a fellow of the Institute of Chemistry, and also of the Chemical Society.