THE Second International Conference for the Protection of the Fauna and Flora of Africa was opened by the Marquis of Dufferin and Ava, Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for the Colonies, in the Moses Room of the House of Lords on May 24 and was attended by Government delegates of the Union of South Africa, Belgium, Great Britain and Northern Ireland, Egypt, France, Italy, Portugal and the Netherlands. The interests of the Anglo-Egyptian Sudan were represented by the United Kingdom and Egyptian delegations jointly. The main object of the Conference was the exchange of information and exploratory discussion preparatory to a further conference, which it is hoped to hold in 1939. The Earl of Onslow presided, and subsequent meetings were held on May 25 and 27. A committee of experts was appointed to draw up a list of suggestions for addition of further species to the Annex of the Convention.