TWENTY-ONE years of activity were reviewed by the chairman, Mr. Eben Wallace, at the annual general meeting, held on October 14, of the Association of British Chemical Manufacturers, which was formally incorporated on December 28, 1916. The initial membership was 110 firms, representing a capital of £39,000,000, whereas now, although the actual membership has not shown any great increase, the capital represented is more than £200,000,000. The Association's directory, "British Chemicals and their Manufacturers", was first published in 1919, and a new edition has since been issued every second year. 1920 saw the formation of the British Chemical Plant Manufacturers' Association, whilst in 1927 the Association's Works Technical Committee commenced its work on safety in the chemical industries. Other activities have been concerned with fiscal matters, with the setting up of standards, with the organization of exhibitions, with the incidence of legislation, and, generally, with the promotion of co-operation within and around the industry. The annual report refers to the Association's activities, during the year ended May 31 last, in relation to the new Factories Act and other legislation, to the work of the Import Duties Advisory Committee, to commercial treaties, to safety measures, to the fund which the chemical industry has established in support of chemical publications and library facilities, to transport, and to various other relevant matters. Dr. F. H. Carr was elected president of the Association,, and Mr. E. V. Evans and Mr. R. Duncalfe respectively chairman and vice-chairman of the council.