ON November 11, the subscribers to the Sir Walter Fletcher Memorial Fund were invited by the Medical Research Council to view Miss Dora Clarke's portrait-bust of the late Sir Walter Morley Fletcher, secretary of the Council from 1914 until 1933. The ceremony was held at the National Institute for Medical Research, Hampstead, in the library of which the bust is to be placed permanently. Lord Balfour of Burleigh, chairman of the Council, presided. The chief speakers were Prof. G. M. Trevelyan and Sir Frederick Gowland Hopkins, the former dealing mainly with the personal aspect and the latter with Fletcher's scientific and administrative work. Sir Henry Dale, director of the Institute, then accepted custody of the bust. The total amount contributed to the Fund by more than five hundred separate subscribers is approximately £2,300. The remainder, after meeting the cost of the personal memorial, is being used for a Walter Fletcher Memorial Laboratory. This is being constructed at the Farm Laboratories of the National Institute at Mill Hill, and is to be used for research work in nutrition.