ON February 12 Congregation at Oxford unanimously passed the statute which alters the name of the institution housing the Lewis Evans and other collections of scientific instruments to the “Museum of the History of Science, Old Ashmolean Building”. The first step towards the full recognition of this institution-hitherto governed by decrees-has thus been taken. The museum is to be administered by the Vice-Chancellor, the Proctors and six others, three of whom will be appointed by the science boards. At the moment there will be no extension of the premises. A decree, however, was also passed assigning the main ground-floor room of the Old Ashmolean to the museum at a date not later than 1942. This room, where in the past the New Oxford Dictionary was compiled, and the present upper-floor room, where the collections now are, should be adequate for the museum for many years. It is a pity, however, that this increased accommodation, at the moment badly wanted, cannot be definitely secured earlier, and that the University cannot promise adequate financial support for the staff in charge. It is to be hoped that such help will soon be forthcoming, so that the museum may take a bigger part in the science teaching in Oxford-an opportunity for a generous donor. Congregation expressed themselves very appreciative of the work of Dr. R. T. Gunther, the curator, who not only created the museum single-handed more than ten years ago, but also has since given his services as administrator and teacher for a purely nominal salary.