CAMBRIDGE.—Mr. W. V. D. Hodge, University lecturer in mathematics, has been elected into a fellowship and appointed lecturer and director of mathematical studies at Pembroke College. Mr. Hodge was educated at George Watson's College, Edinburgh, the University of Edinburgh and St. John's College, Cambridge. He obtained a first class in Part 2 of the Mathematical Tripos in 1925 and was awarded a Smith's Prize in 1927. He also studied at Princeton University while holding a Senior 1851 Exhibition in 1926–31. He was on the staff of the University of Bristol and held a fellowship at St. John's College from 1930 until 1933.