THIS expedition has now been in the field some eight months, and we regret to report that on August’ 14 two membersDr. W. S. Dyson, naturalist, and Mr. W. H. D. Martin, surveyorare reported missing on South Island. There are three uninhabited volcanic islands in the lake: Central Island, studied by the Cam bridge Expedition of 1930-31, North Island, visited in 1932 and South (Hohnel) Island, which has remained unknown since it was roughly mapped from the main land during the original exploratory journey by Teleki and von Hohnel in 1885. Its study was a particular object of this year's expedition, which has a folding boat and outboard motor for the purpose. The two men crossed the five miles of open water to the island about August 1, and after a fortnight in which prearranged signals were not received on the mainland, Mr. V. E. Fuchs, leader of the expedition, asked for Government assistance, if possible by aero plane, to aid in the search. If the missing men are on the island they should have little difficulty in obtain ing subsistence on fish; the water is potable though unpleasantly alkaline. Earlier in the year the ex pedition, which is mainly geological, proceeded up the west side of the lake with the view of going to the Omo River and excavating important bone beds en route. The Malembe triangle, where Kenya borders on the Sudan and Abyssinia, is somewhat unsettled and an armed guard had to be taken north from Lokitaung; this impeded the work, but valuable collections and surveys have been made. After returning south, the expedition moved to the south east corner of the lake to study the eastern scarp of the rift valley, where high-level beaches were re ported by the 1931 expedition. It was here that the unfortunate incident occurred.