THE Optical Convention, 1926, was held at the Imperial College of Science and Technology, South Kensington, during the week April 12–17, under the presidency of the Astronomer Royal, supported by representatives of all branches of the optical industry and profession. An important part of the Convention was the exhibition of optical instruments and apparatus organised to demonstrate the advances that have been made in optics in Great Britain since 1912, the date of the previous Convention. During the week, more than 8000 visitors, in addition to members of the Convention, attended the exhibition. Many were attracted, no doubt, by the various entertainments and performances incorporating interesting optical illusions, but many also were attracted by a desire to study the concrete evidences of recent developments and the most modern products of British opticians, many of which, as the Prime Minister pointed out during the opening ceremony, are recognised the world over as achieving the high water-mark of technical perfection.
About this article
Cite this article
Exhibits at the Optical Convention, 1926. Nature 117, 605–606 (1926). https://doi.org/10.1038/117605a0