IN The Field of December 9, 1911, there is an illustrated account of the new buildings recently added by the Hon. Walter Rothschild to his zoological museum at Tring, these additions considerably more than doubling the size of the original structure. As extended, the building forms three sides of a square, of which, when viewed from the front, the central transverse portion and the right wing are new. The exhibition galleries are throughout lighted by windows placed high up in the walls, so that comparatively little direct sunlight falls on the cases, this being screened, when necessary, by scarlet blinds, which are claimed by the owner to prevent all the ill-effects of actinism. The new exhibition galleries are fitted along each outer wall with a continuous series of glass and steel cases, 10 feet in height, and constructed on a modification of the principle adopted in the zoological museum at Dresden, these being stated to be absolutely dust-proof. A similar but wider series of cases, divided by a longitudinal partition of wood, occupies the middle line of each of the new galleries. The new buildings include also a library, containing 30,000 volumes, forming about 6000 separate works, workrooms, studies, &c.