Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität (LMU) in Munich
As one of Europe’s leading research universities, Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität (LMU) in Munich is committed to the highest standards of excellence in research and teaching. Building on a 500-year-tradition of scholarship, LMU covers a broad spectrum of disciplines, ranging from the Humanities and Cultural Studies through Law, Economics and Social Studies to Medicine and the Natural Sciences. The quality and experience of LMU’s faculty and staff form the basis for its distinguished record in research, outstanding performance in the German Excellence Initiative and consistently high rating in national and international rankings.
LMU offers a first-rate academic environment
- A unique and diverse academic culture encompassing all areas of learning and research
- Outstanding research in individual subject areas as well as inter- and transdisciplinary cooperations
- State-of-the-art facilities and conditions for innovative research in all fields of knowledge
- An integral part of the Munich research area – Germany’s most vibrant location for science and technology.
LMU supports researchers at all career stages
- A structured Academic Career Program for doctoral students and post-docs, enabling them to develop their skills and pursue their research goals in an intellectually stimulating setting
- A well-established and highly successful tenure-track model
- Attractive positions and efficient appointment procedures
- An Equal Opportunities program fostering the talents of female researchers and students.
Please check our institutional profile on Nature Index site here