Article metrics for:
Last updated: Sun, 19 Nov 2017 04:55:06 GMT
Altmetric score (what's this?)
- Tweeted by 23
- Blogged by 9
- On 2 Facebook pages
- Mentioned in 3 Google+ posts
- Picked up by 57 news outlets
- 19 readers on Mendeley
This Altmetric score means that the article is:
- in the 99th percentile (ranked 1,001st) of the 273,455 tracked articles of a similar age in all journals
- in the 99th percentile (ranked 13th) of the 2,942 tracked articles of a similar age in Scientific Reports
Mentions in news, blogs & Google+
News articles (57)
- Texting while driving breaks down our brain's life-saving 'autopilot' New Kerala
- Why We Don’t Crash Our Cars While Daydreaming and Driving Gizmodo UK
- Texting Blocks Brain's 'Sixth Sense' During Driving : DNews Discovery News
- Why Texting Isn't Like Other Kinds of Distracted Driving Yahoo! News Singapore
- Why Texting Isn't Like Other Kinds of Distracted Driving Yahoo! News
- Sixth sense protects you while driving, except when texting CanIndia
- Tekstailu sekoittaa kuskin turva-aistin Helsingin Sanomat
Scientific blogs (9)
- Why We Don’t Crash Our Cars While Daydreaming and Driving io9
- A “Sixth Sense” Protects Drivers, Except When Texting Neuroscience RSS Feeds - Neuroscience News Updates
- Our ‘Sixth Sense’ Protects Us While Driving – Except When We’re Texting Medical Daily
- A ‘sixth sense’ protects drivers — except when texting PsyPost
- For Safe Driving, Are All Distractions Created Equal? Pacific Standard. Smart Journalism. Real Solutions.
- A 'Sixth Sense' Protects Inattentive Drivers, Except When They're Texting Motherboard RSS Feed
- Texting Is Just About The Most Dangerous Thing You Can Do While Driving Co.Exist
|Country||Tweets||% of Tweets|
|No location data||8||34.78%|
Explanation of terms and methodology
Web of Science, CrossRef, Scopus, WebTrends, and Altmetric
Single number count for article citations from each service's database (may vary by service). The citations counts are reliant on the availability of the individual APIs from Web of Science, CrossRef, and Scopus. These counts are updated daily once they become available. Once a citation count is available, the list of articles citing this one is accessible by clicking on the circle for that citation source.
News, blogs and Google+ posts
The number of times an article has been cited by individual mainstream news sources, blog post, or member of Google+ along with a link to the original article or post. News articles, blog posts and Google+ posts do not always link to articles in a way that can be picked up by aggregators used by Altmetric, so the listed links are not necessarily a reflection of the entire scope of media, blog or Google+ interest. Further, the list of blogs and news sources covered is manually curated by Altmetric and thus is subject to their discretion for inclusion as a scientific blog or media source. The news, blog, and Google+ posts are provided by Altmetric and are updated hourly.
Altmetric calculates a score based on the online attention an article receives. Each coloured thread in the circle represents a different type of online attention and the number in the centre is the Altmetric score. The score is calculated based on two main sources of online attention: social media and mainstream news media. Altmetric also tracks usage in online reference managers such as Mendeley and CiteULike, but these do not contribute to the score. Older articles will typically score higher because they have had more time to get noticed. To account for this, Altmetric has included the context data for articles of a "similar age" (published within 6 weeks of either side of the publication date of this article).
For a more detailed description of Altmetric, the Altmetric score, and sources used, please see Altmetric's information page.
Provides the number of tweets broken down by country of origin for the Twitter account. The geographic breakdown for the twitter sources is provided by Altmetric and is updated hourly.