Article metrics for:
Methane- and dissolved organic carbon-fueled microbial loop supports a tropical subterranean estuary ecosystem
Last updated: Tue, 22 May 2018 18:04:49 GMT
Data not available
Web of Science
Data not available
Altmetric score (what's this?)
- Tweeted by 96
- Blogged by 3
- On 4 Facebook pages
- Picked up by 34 news outlets
- 37 readers on Mendeley
This Altmetric score means that the article is:
- in the 99th percentile (ranked 1,576th) of the 284,694 tracked articles of a similar age in all journals
- in the 97th percentile (ranked 37th) of the 1,489 tracked articles of a similar age in Nature Communications
Mentions in news, blogs & Google+
News articles (34)
- Cave of the 'Mayan Underworld' Filled with Methane-Eating Creatures LiveScience
- Cave of the ‘Mayan Underworld’ Filled with Methane-Eating Creatures True Viral News
- Texas A and M-Galveston team finds cave organisms living off methane gas Space Daily
- Mexico's Yucatan Peninsula reveals a cryptic methane-fueled ecosystem in flooded caves EurekAlert!
- Methan als Grundnahrung: Besonderes Ökosystem in Wasserhöhlen Mexikos entdeckt Informationsdienst Wissenschaft
- Mexico’s Yucatan Peninsula reveals a cryptic methane-fueled ecosystem in flooded caves True Viral News
- Yucatan Peninsula Reveals Cryptic Methane-fueled Ecosystem in Flooded Caves Laboratory Equipment
Scientific blogs (3)
- Ox Bel Ha, un ecosistema tropical alimentado por metano Cuaderno de Cultura Científica
- Mexico's Yucatan Peninsula reveals a cryptic methane-fueled ecosystem in flooded caves The Archaeology News Network
|Country||Tweets||% of Tweets|
|No location data||42||43.75%|
Explanation of terms and methodology
Web of Science, CrossRef, Scopus, WebTrends, and Altmetric
Single number count for article citations from each service's database (may vary by service). The citations counts are reliant on the availability of the individual APIs from Web of Science, CrossRef, and Scopus. These counts are updated daily once they become available. Once a citation count is available, the list of articles citing this one is accessible by clicking on the circle for that citation source.
News, blogs and Google+ posts
The number of times an article has been cited by individual mainstream news sources, blog post, or member of Google+ along with a link to the original article or post. News articles, blog posts and Google+ posts do not always link to articles in a way that can be picked up by aggregators used by Altmetric, so the listed links are not necessarily a reflection of the entire scope of media, blog or Google+ interest. Further, the list of blogs and news sources covered is manually curated by Altmetric and thus is subject to their discretion for inclusion as a scientific blog or media source. The news, blog, and Google+ posts are provided by Altmetric and are updated hourly.
Altmetric calculates a score based on the online attention an article receives. Each coloured thread in the circle represents a different type of online attention and the number in the centre is the Altmetric score. The score is calculated based on two main sources of online attention: social media and mainstream news media. Altmetric also tracks usage in online reference managers such as Mendeley and CiteULike, but these do not contribute to the score. Older articles will typically score higher because they have had more time to get noticed. To account for this, Altmetric has included the context data for articles of a "similar age" (published within 6 weeks of either side of the publication date of this article).
For a more detailed description of Altmetric, the Altmetric score, and sources used, please see Altmetric's information page.
Provides the number of tweets broken down by country of origin for the Twitter account. The geographic breakdown for the twitter sources is provided by Altmetric and is updated hourly.